PERMANENT DENTURES WITH DENTAL IMPLANTS
Implant Supported Dentures in bergen county nj
When it comes to replacing missing teeth, many people think they only have two options: dental implants or traditional dentures. But did you know there is a tooth replacement solution that combines the best of both of these options?
Implant-supported dentures use dental implants to support a special denture attachment to replace all of your teeth. Since implant-supported dentures don’t simply rest on your gums like traditional dentures, they have a variety of distinct advantages over them.
Advantages Over Traditional Dentures
Traditional dentures are a great solution for replacing missing teeth, but they don’t have as many benefits as implant-supported dentures.
Here are the top three advantages implant-supported dentures have over removable dentures:
- Bone preservation – Since implant-supported dentures include dental implants, they are able to replace some of your natural tooth roots, which stimulates and preserves your jawbone. Since traditional dentures don’t have any artificial roots, your bone deteriorates faster.
- Easier to speak and eat – It’s harder to speak or eat certain foods with traditional dentures, as they have a tendency to shift or fall out. Implant-supported dentures are securely attached, so they stay in place at all times.
- More comfortable and easy to maintain – People who wear conventional dentures usually experience sore spots, but implant-supported dentures are stable and comfortable. They also more convenient when it comes to maintenance.
Watch how permanent dentures can improve your life:
The Process for Implant-Supported Dentures
So what does the process for implant-supported dentures look like? It depends on the condition of your mouth, as some steps may be combined, but you can rest assured your dentist will give you the most comfortable procedure possible.
Here are the basic steps for implant-supported dentures:
- Dental implants are placed into your jawbone and allowed to heal or anchor for months. Depending on your treatment plan, it can include the All-on-4 treatment or other options.
- If necessary, extensions will be attached to the implants to ensure there is a proper foundation for your dentures. Your gums will need to heal for a couple weeks.
- After they have been created, your dentures are attached to implants and adjusted (if necessary) to ensure a proper fit.
- You can begin smiling, eating and speaking with confidence!
If you’d like to know more about implant-supported dentures, schedule a complimentary consult with us today! Call Waldwick Office Phone Number 201-652-1569.