Replace a Tooth Waldwick NJ
Replace missing teeth bergen county nj
Are you one of the 178 million Americans who are missing at least one tooth? If so, you have three basic options:
- Do nothing about it
- Choose a temporary solutions like a tooth-supported bridge
- Replace a single tooth permanently with a dental implant.
Not doing anything about it will affect your smile and ability to eat, while a bridge will potentially lead to bone loss. A dental implant, on the other hand, completely replaces your tooth’s natural look and function.
What is a Dental Implant?
Basically, a dental implant is an artificial tooth root. It’s placed directly into your jaw, fusing with it over time and replacing your natural tooth root. When combined with an abutment and dental crown, it gives you the look and function of your natural tooth. Whether you lost your tooth because of disease, decay, injury or another reason, dental implants are a permanent tooth-replacement solution.
Benefits of Single-Tooth Implants
Single-tooth dental implants do more than just replicate the look of your natural tooth; they have a variety of other benefits that maintain or improve your lifestyle in ways that a tooth-supported bridge can’t. Here are some of them:
- Beautiful: Dental implants are extremely natural looking, as they can be customized to match the color, shape and size of your existing teeth.
- Stable: Since dental implants fuse to your jaw, they’re very stable and comfortable compared to bridges.
- Preserving: The fusion process also stimulates the bone in your mouth, preventing bone loss and premature wrinkle development.
- Convenient: You can care for dental implants just like the rest of your teeth.
- Permanent: One of the biggest benefits of single-tooth-implants is how long they last. As long as you maintain proper dental hygiene and visit the dentist regularly, they last a lifetime.
The Process for Replacing a Single Tooth
So what does the dental implant procedure look like? After a consultation with the dentist and verification that you’re a candidate for implants, here’s what you can expect the basic process for replacing a single tooth to look like:
- The dental implant is surgically placed into your jawbone.
- You receive a temporary crown.
- The implant fuses with your bone.
- Once your gums heal properly, you receive a permanent crown.
If you need to replace a single tooth, schedule a consultation with us today!