Teeth Cleaning waldwick nj
professional teeth cleaning bergen county nj
There are many ways you can play an active role in maintaining your oral health. Having your teeth cleaned in our office every six months is an excellent place to start. Our hygienists and dentists identify plaque and problem areas before thoroughly cleaning your teeth, providing you with information to sustain a happy, healthy smile.
Why is it important to have regular teeth cleanings and checkups?
Routine checkups are an essential part of proper oral hygiene. Some of the benefits of regular teeth cleanings include:
- Healthier bones and gums.
- Longer lasting teeth.
- Early detection and treatment of cancer and other oral health conditions.
- Beautiful, healthy smiles.
What happens if you miss a teeth cleaning?
Failure to keep up on proper oral hygiene can lead to:
- An impaired ability to eat and digest foods, leading to nutritional and systemic problems.
- Bad breath, resulting from advancing periodontal disease and/or rotting food particles.
- Negative effects on cardiovascular well-being and overall health.
- Gum infection and gangrene.
How do you Prevent Tooth Decay?
There are several simple and affordable ways in which you can fight tooth decay—a common chronic health condition.
- Brush twice and floss once daily.
- Have dental cleanings and checkups twice a year.
- Eat fewer sugary and acidic foods.
- Take fluoride tablets, which make teeth more resistant to decay.
- Ask your dentist about additional cleaning supplements.
how do dentists clean teetH?
When you come in for a cleaning, your dental hygienist identifies and removes plaque—a soft film that can be removed by brushing—and tartar—a hardened plaque that requires dental instruments for removal. We make every effort to clean all surfaces of your teeth, including the tiny spaces between your teeth and along gum-lines where bacteria gather.
We often complete the cleaning with prophy paste. Its coarse quality, which removes any remaining plaque as it dissolves into a finer texture, leaves the teeth shiny and smooth. We inform you of any areas where plaque and tartar build-up, so you can give those places extra attention by flossing and brushing each day. Our goal is to enable you to easily and effectively care for your teeth.
Are there different kinds of teeth cleanings?
No. Prophylaxis—a fancy word for teeth cleaning—is the only dental procedure of its kind. Prophylaxis involves a routine teeth cleaning every six months.
The procedures that are sometimes called “cleanings” are actually periodontal treatments:
- Full Mouth Debridement—a pre-cleaning for those with severe calculus build up.
- Scaling and Root Planing—a deep cleaning for those with early stages of gum disease.
- Perio Maintenance—a periodontal cleaning for those with a history of gum disease.
how much does professional Teeth Cleaning cost?
Most dental insurance policies include benefits that cover teeth cleanings. After all, not maintaining good oral hygiene will most likely lead to astronomical costs down the road, as failure to keep up with teeth cleanings often leads to serious and expensive health problems. Every patient’s budgetary situation is different, so we are happy to discuss yours with you. At a consultation, we present any possible costs up front to help you navigate your insurance benefits. Our main objective is to help you have a successful oral health experience.